Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I AM FINALLY FULFILLING ONE OF MY DREAMS!

I have been wanting to be a writer since I was young, I used to fill notebooks with my ramblings, prose, essays and crazy comics. But since I have a family I don't have much time for writing and have put it on the back burner for many years. I always wanted to take my talent a little further just to see how far I could go with it, well a few weeks ago I ordered a creative writing course that I will be doing through correspondence.I am both psyched and intimidated cause I want to do my best and sometimes if I am not doing as well as I think I should be doing then I start to shut down and just give up. I don't want to do that with this so my plan is to build a strong support system that will keep me motivated and to reward myself when I do well on an assignment.

I know I can be successful if I put my mind to something and really buckle down and get it done. My dream is to write an Islamic novel and to get it on the New York Times bestsellers list. But I don't want to write just any novel, I wan to write one in which the true beauty of Islam shines through and touches peoples hearts. I have read many novels with Islam as the theme and felt that this beautiful religion time and time again has been misrepresented.

So I hope to change this and do justice to this pure and inspiring religion which has the power to change hearts and minds in such a way that humanity as a whole is better off because of it.

I will keep you folx informed of how I am progressing in the pursuit of my dreams and goals and when I reach that finish line I hope y'all are there to cheer me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment